One 4 to 5 inch Organic Premium WhiteSage Smudge Stick, 100% handmade with natural cotton thread. Known for driving out negativity and spiritually cleansing you and your space. This sage is sustainable harvested from the mountains of California.
Cleansing with white sage smoke is a wonderful thing to do when moving into a new home, after an argument, after illness, if you suspect danger, or just to revitalize your space. In addition, you can use white sage smoke to smudge specific objects. This can be helpful with secondhand items, gifts, or objects with negative history or energy attached to it.
- Burn sage in a well-ventilated area. Do not leave burning sage unattended. Keep away from animals, children and flammable material.
- While Smudging, always think good thoughts and say your blessing or prayer. Never blow on the smoking sage; you’ll blow away your spirit and positive energy.
- Hold the sage stick at one end and point it downward at a 45-degree angle, bring a flame to the downward pointed tip, and rotate the stick to light different parts of the sage. Light the stick until it catches fire. Put out the fire by blowing it out with a feather or with your hand. Fan the sage to develop a nice, even ember. To increase the amount of smoke the sage produces, fan the ember to increase its size.
- Place the smoking sage in an abalone shell or non-flammable bowl to catch ash and embers. You may also hold your sage in your hand while you smudge but be careful to make sure embers do not touch you, others or things around your home.
- Smudge your body with the smoke; cleanse yourself with the smoke. Smudge your hands to prepare yourself for your ritual. Smudge your legs so you walk through life in a good way. Smudge your mouth to speak good things. Smudge your eyes to see good things. Smudge your ears to hear good things. Smudge your heart to feel good things. Smudge your head to think good things.
- Smudge the room you’re in by moving the smoking sage around the room to cleanse the entire room from floor to ceiling and from corner to corner. You can also use your feather or hand to fan the smoke all over the room. Move on to the next room and repeat the process.
- You can smudge other persons or objects by moving the stick around the person’s body or the object from top to bottom.
- To prevent the embers from dying out, fan the embers. When you are done using the stick, snuff out the embers on your abalone shell or smudging bowl.